El Centro de Ingles - Amazon Shop

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Confusing Adjectives

Bored v Boring

Bored is an adjective that describes when someone feels tired and unhappy because something is not interesting or because they have nothing to do.

For example: She was very bored in the English class.

Boring is an adjective that means something is not interesting or exciting.

For example: The English class is very boring.

Complete these sentences with bored / boring

Example : The film was very boring so we were bored.

I don’t like football, it’s __________.

I think she is ____________ because she looks uninterested in the film.

She doesn’t like David, she says he is ____________.

I always sleep when I’m on the train because it’s____________.

A ___________ film always makes me _______________.

Excited v Exciting

Excited is an adjective that describes when someone feels happy and enthusiastic about something.

For example: She is very excited about the party.

Exciting is an adjective that means something is making you excited.

For example: The party will be exciting.

Complete these sentences with excited / exciting.

Example : In my opinion, football is an exciting sport, I get excited when I go to a match.

I think she is ___________ because she looks happy.

The children are ____________ for the school trip.

My brother is ____________ because he is going to visit his friends tomorrow.

Watersports are really ______________.

Mountain climbing is _________________, it makes me feel ______________.

Interested v Interesting

Interested is used as an adjective, it says how someone feels.

For example: "I am very interested in the lesson."

Interesting is used as an adjective, it describes the people or things that cause the feelings.

For example: "It was an interesting lesson ."

Complete these sentences with interested / interesting.

Example : He is interested in learning English, he finds it interesting.

Note : The verb after interested is in the gerund form

  1. I think History is very ________________.
  2. We’re _____________________ in going to French classes.
  3. I found the documentary quite ________________.
  4. She’s ___________________ in starting dance classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment